Vulnerability can be intimidating for many of us. There seems to be a cultural stigma in which we all tend to associate softness with weakness, but today's conversation expands on why that isn’t the case.
In fact, Elsie Escobar, yoga instructor, and podcast personality explains why embracing vulnerability is the best thing you can do for growth – along with opening yourself up to others' growth process, giving yourself permission, and learning to look inside yourself. Tune into this episode of Turning Inward with your host, Vivian Carrasco, for enlightening guidance and advice on how to embrace power in your vulnerability.
- Experiencing nostalgia as your children grow up
- How the E-league came into fruition
- Bringing philosophy into yoga and your everyday life
- Taking time for yourself before you focus on others'
- Personalizing coaching based on what individuals need
- Opening up and becoming active in our growing process
- Giving yourself permission to learn
- using your voice to resonate with others
- Acknowledging others unique and valuable gifts
- What ear-to-ear practice is
- Having patience and understanding for others' growth process
- Why you should stop looking for a solution and using the resources you already have
- Looking outside of ourselves
- Making choices that best align with your lifestyle
- Binding yourself to your choices and experiences
- Softening ourselves to deepen intimacy and connections
- Having power in our vulnerability
- Why culture struggles to find a balance between strength and softness
- Being an advocate for other Latina women
- Practicing using your voice and sharing things you’re passionate about with others
- Stepping away from social media and verbalizing our thoughts