Have you ever asked yourself if there's a better way to live? Have you ever wondered if you could be better? Do better? If you have, then Vivian has a hunch that you're ready to wake up and change. Listen in to find out why she thinks so and what you can do to assist the process.
This episode is a conversation with you, to give you a nudge and find out if you're ready to wake up and begin the process of transforming yourself. Vivian explains that the reason for wondering about a better way to live is because the act of bringing something into your awareness, allows for a choice, or a change. It's a way for you to become aware and design a different way for yourself and you already have everything you need, in order to do that. She points out that you can't avoid pain in your life, however, it is within your control to lessen your suffering. Listen in as Vivian explains how you can use your attention to change your brain so that you can begin to wake up and see things more clearly.
Today, Vivian discusses:
- That the thread throughout this episode is whether you're above or below the line.
- A visual aid to help you help you to find out whether you're above or below the line and what it means.
- What Twenty-First Century Training is all about.
- That wherever you rest your attention, you're going to take in information.
- Becoming aware of where you place your attention because it shapes who you are.
- Why you need to pause before you take action.
- Accessing the part of your brain where all the juice of life is- in the pre-frontal cortex.
- Creating a choice for yourself, above the line.
- What expanded awareness (above the line) looks like.
- An explanation of Michael Beckwith, of the Agape International Spiritual Centre's model of the template on the evolution of our consciousness, or the different ways of being.
- How you can bring more awareness to your natural wiring.
- Books that Vivian recommends, by Dr. Dan Siegel, about using your awareness to change your brain.
- No matter what your specific default state is, you really can change it.
- That there is nothing holding you back, but yourself.
- How to know when you've been hijacked by your brain.
- Moving from surviving to thriving.
Recommended books: Life Visioning by Michael Beckwith
Mind and Brainstorm by Dr. Dan Siegel