Jul 24, 2016
I’m honored to have as my guest Martha Beck, the inspirational
life coach, sociologist, speaker, and author of many self-help
books. Her newest book is the first installment of The
Bewilderment Chronicles Trilogy. It’s an allegory called
Diana, Herself, and is a symbol of what the human psyche
does in awakening. The book is about finding the part of yourself
that’s who you would be if no one had harmed or shaped you in any
way. Martha urges us all to find our “wild selves” as she asks, “Do
you want to get wild with me?”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- A snapshot of Diana, the main character
- Why Diana feels degraded and devalued
- Find WILD, wherever it shows up for you
- Happy and healthy=GOOD, and Sick and miserable=BAD
- There are three questions for Martha from my book club
- From Beth: How do we find the “Roy” within ourselves?
- From Todd: What books are on the cutting edge of bewilderment?
(See resources below)
- From Lori: What are your thoughts on the Wayfinders’ Gathering,
and will there be more such events?
- Moments of breakthrough
- The power of books—they SHOUT!
- Martha’s near-death experience
- Living “without a plan”
- The 2nd book in the trilogy: about freeing the
divine masculine by the divine feminine
- The 3rd book in the trilogy: about the divine
feminine and divine masculine working together to save the
- From the book: The 7 Tasks of Bewilderment
- A different kind of experiential learning
- Overview of the 2nd book
- Just follow your heart
I created a private community to connect modern creatives who
crave meaningful connection, because when we support each other the
tide rises together. Our community includes an exclusive online
forum, monthly Q+A calls with me, unlimited coaching, short
courses, and more!
more about the community and if it’s a good fit for you
You can access the show notes and all the resources at www.viviancarrasco.com