Mar 31, 2019
Today’s episode is another heart to heart conversation with
Nancy and Char. We’re talking about meaning and story, and how our
different perspectives affect how we view events. We talk about how
we are interconnected as humans, but also struggle to stay in our
own lane and mind our own business despite the
- Projection and how it affects our relationships
- Transference vs. projection
- Engaging in conversation is at the root of almost everything we
- Conscious and unconscious exchanges of information
- Knowing how to have engaging conversations is an essential
- Having a safe place to have conversations without editing our
thoughts can lead to a greater understanding.
- Giving yourself space to not edit your thoughts or writing can
also lead to new perspectives
- Sometimes you can’t tell a story when you are still in the
middle of the story. It takes getting past it to be able to share
- Facts don’t persuade us - the experience, meaning and emotions
are what persuade us.
- Being open to others means realizing that someone else may have
something to offer to a conversation.
- We have to be circumspect about who we allow to teach us.
- We adopt identities that we don’t always reflect what we think
- Self-discovery isn’t always easy, but it can be fun and
definitely worth it.
Instagram and Facebook: Vivian Carrasco